List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kde's future
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2001-01-10 4:10:21

> Too often, I hear Linux users and developers say (or imply) "I think it
> should be this way since Microsoft does it that way..."  However, I'd like
> to see KDE/Linux flourish... with new users and new development.
> I think it'd be nice if KDE developers would notice the font selection,
font
> size, color scheme, icons used, icon sizes, the spacing between
icons/items,
> etc. from Whistler's GUI... and make changes to KDE that would improve its
> overall look and feel.
Personally, I think any shortcomings that KDE has in terms of GUI are
as a result of following Window's conventions much too closely; old
conventions
that are being abandoned with each new Windows version. I think it would
be great if KDE2 continued to have bold new features like the ones that
MS is starting to make with Whistler and that KDE has recently been making.
It's a shame that this project doesn't have the amount of money MS has to
come up with and research the features.

- Bart