List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kde's future
From:       rik () kde ! org
Date:       2001-01-09 18:37:25

#if Thomas Diehl
> Personally, I prefer the direct approach like in Windows (ie do
> everything directly in the file dialog, either via toolbar buttons or
> right click menus). So does every other (ex-)Windows user I have talked
> to about this subject so far.

Personally, I prefer the RISC OS style, where you don't have these
stupid^H^H^H^H^H load/save dialogs.

When you choose 'Save...', you get a dialog with one icon and a text
entry box to allow you to change the name. You drag the icon somewhere, e.g.
into a konqueror window open on a directory, or your desktop, or whatever,
to save it.

There is no 'Load...' menu entry. You just drop a file on the app.

Rik