List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Priority in Konqueror?
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-29 18:01:19

> So, having seen how useful Mac labels can be, and how Apple has failed
> to use them to their full advantage, my wishlist for labels would be:
>
> (1) Unlimited labels -- or at least more than 8.
>
> (2) Standard KDE Open File dialog boxes to at least show labels, and
> preferably sort by label.
>
> (3) Standard KDE New File and Save File dialog boxes to allow the user
> to set the file's label.
>
> (4) Konqueror to display labels on file icons.

This is when you just think about labels, but EA can do so much more.
You should, for example, be able to sort on application or file-type.

In short you not only want unlimited labels, you want unlimited types
as well (where the 'label' is a type, application is another)

With that much information per file you need to really think about a way
you can represent it in KDE that is much more powerful then the way MacOS does
things.

Anyone up to a challenge?