List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Kword, Keyboards and Santa Claus.
From:       Marko Samastur <markos () elite ! org>
Date:       2000-12-25 13:30:52

Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes wrote:

> > Sean Pecor wrote:
> > >
> > > If I highlight text, I also want it to
> > > magically appear in my clipboard.

> I know this is common Unix behaviour, but it's *very* annoying, as you point
> out. It should be thrown the same way as the weird window focus
> implementations -- as an option, but *not* as default.

I agree even though it's not just occasionally that it saves a click.

> At least a couple of times a day, I find a web address somewhere, copy it to
> the clipboard and want to paste it in Konqueror's address line. What
> happens? The previous address gets selected and pasted back in!

I think this happens more often to those who work in windows significant
amount of their time. I don't, so I use this feature extensively and
actually rely on it.

However, I see no justification why marking the text and pressing delete
doesn't delete it when the focus is in the same window. Is there really
a doubt what a user wants?

Best regards,

	Marko