List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: WANTED: web experts
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2000-09-13 8:20:48

Irwin wrote:
> > > The current one is too cluttered, disorganized, and non-professional.
> >
> > So instead of organizing things and cleaning it up we throw it away.
>
> Wasteful.  Very wasteful.  We have some good documentation up there on the
> site, and it's a waste to throw.  Unlike code, rewriting documentation
> doesn't always mean it'll be more efficient in the end.

I am trying to see how we go from "too cluttered and disorganized" to
"throwing out good documentation" and am failing.  There is some
twisted logic going on here...

> > > The new one will looking *nothing* like GNOME's
> >
> > It will resemble all other 239.238 portal-sites out there though.
>
> *stares at the common lines...*
>
> Sports News Weather Stocks

It doesn't look like a portal -- Waldo just has a very strange idea of
what portals look like.

> Is someone assigned to the task of recategorizing information?

That's part of the effort.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix