List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: DialogBoxes (was: Cookie window popup)
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-09-10 14:05:50

I think this only works for modal windows (which are only questions
like: "overwrite file  yes/no"

These windows in KDE are always in front of the applications and always block
the application. They should becuase the application needs that info
before it can continue. (if that is not the case, it should not be a modal
dialog)

The screenshot looks nice, but it will only work for modal dialogs (as
I said earlier) the rest should be movable windows. Because of that
it will create inconsistency towards the rest of the dialogs. Which I
find unaccaptable.

Also the transparancy would really be needed for something like this, and it
is something that can not be done with X right now.