List:       kde-look
Subject:    DialogBoxes (was: Cookie window popup)
From:       dhennig () altavista ! de
Date:       2000-09-10 11:27:20

Thomas wrote:
> I don't use aqua, so I don't know how this works. I am always willing to look
> at others to see how they solved a problem.
The Aqua Look & Feel belongs to MacOS X, which will go public beta on wednesday. But \
anyway, you can already have a look at it at: \
http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/772/51/cb87f2e2f75475/www.apple.com/macosx/images/osx_desktop_full.jpg
 As you can see the window in the bottom right corner, has an open save dialog, which \
is shown as a box inside the window of the picture. This is the way I was thinking of \
using for MessageBoxes that block the window.

Right now, a Message Box is always a window. So it should be called Message Window. \
And that is the problem: I don't like the idea of a new window arising, that blocks \
the original window. A box inside the window sounds much better.  A Message Windows \
that does not block is ok anyway.

> Also can you move these dialog boxes. (they are always on top of the thing
> you are asked about.)
I dont' know if they are moveable on aqua, but i don't think so. But even with a \
window, when the main window is blocked, it is often not possible e.g. to scroll to \
the necessary information.  IMHO the point is to avoid blocking (no matter if you use \
a messagewindow or a dialog)!

> And I am concerned the approuch takes away the user from his intended
> work-flow. Which usually incoporates more than one application.
I can't follow you in this point.

Dirk