On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Steven D'Aprano wrote: > It May be Relevent, or Perhaps Not, That Following Style A Will be > Grammatically Incorrect in German, Where All Nouns are Capitalised and > Verbs Are Not Unless They are the First Word in the Sentence. > Actually, Style A Breaks Even the Grammatical Rules of English. English has grammatical rules for SENTENCES. It also has different conventions for HEADINGS. This isn't a debate on whether a label should be done in "Style A" or "Style B". I think it is a debate on whether labels should be treated as conversational sentences, or as headings. I personally feel that most labels are NOT headings. However, some labels are placed at the top of a panel, and essentially serve as the Heading, and should therefore be capitalized in Style A. For example, you may have a program. The title, obviously, is in Style A. Title-- The File Manager Perhaps we access a configuration dialog box. The dialog title would be something like: Configuration Underneath the configuration Dialog box, we may have various things we can work with... like file associations, file permissions, and toolbars. So, in the titled borders, you'd have: File Associations File Permissions Toolbars But when we reach the individual labels for the textboxes, I believe that they are best treated as sentences. File Associations -- Add file type _____________ -- Change program order list _____________ etc. That's just MY OPINION... what *I* think... and I have no literary sources to back me up. :)