List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: RFC: StyleGuide for Labels? (fwd)
From:       "Steven D'Aprano" <dippy () mikka ! net ! au>
Date:       2000-07-05 14:47:10

Peter Putzer wrote:

> > As far as I know, the ONLY language where you ever write Some Words
> > There IS no way of seperating between "title style" and "normal
> > style" in Swedish. In fact, the concept of "title style" does just
> > not apply. And this is true of all other languages I know of, except
> > English.
>
> Which is in fact irrelevant, as KDE apps are written first in US English
> and translated later.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the section in the style guide that
states that (eg) Swedish developers have to first write their app in
English and only secondly translate it back to their native language.

But all this is secondary to the major point, which is that the "Title
Style" is grammatically incorrect even in English. It may be common,
it may be popular, but so is writing things like "Xtra Lite" or "Quik
'n' Ezy".

--
Steven D'Aprano