On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Magnus Ihse wrote: > On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Peter Putzer wrote: > > > > Labels take rich text, so you can just markup what needs it. > > > > Sure, italic/bold/red/blinking text is VERY readable... *ahem* > > Bold text is usually more readable than plain, on a computer > screen. Depending on typeface, of course. Please, I think it was clear what I meant. Besides, is italic, which is not easy to read. > > > Much better for i18n too ! > > > > How so? A message to translate is a message to translate... > > Because it is AFAIK only English which use the "title" style as an > alternative to normal sentence style. At least, I've never seen it in > any of the european languages I know (about). Which actually makes > this debate more of a question of the "english translation team", > than a proper UI question. It is a UI question because "title style" is a concept translatable to (almost) all languages, regardless whether that means "All Caps" or something else. As Tom stated, it's a matter of information hierarchy. regards, Peter