List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: RFC: StyleGuide for Labels? (fwd)
From:       Magnus Ihse <d95-mih () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2000-07-03 9:20:53

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Peter Putzer wrote:

> This is a label for a lineedit: [            ]
> vs.
> This is a Label For a Lineedit: [            ]
>                 ^ not quite sure... I think that should be lower case
>                   *goes looking for his dictionary*

That last comment is an excellent argument why this style should
_not_ be used: not many people know which words not to capitalize.

The other two arguments for the first style that I can think of is:
 * it is easier to read
 * it is the most commonly used style, both in KDE and in The Other
GUI<tm>.

/Magnus