List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: RFC: StyleGuide for Labels? (fwd)
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-07-02 19:20:01

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Thomas wrote:

> The unwritten rule seems te be that every sentence/options has a capital and
> no dots (.) are used on option lists.

An unwritten rule is no good.

> so option (a)
>
> If you see a lot of applications which do it otherwise, please feel
> free to correct me.

I disagree, or rather I think you misunderstand.
I'm talking about LABELS for things, like

--- These are the actions available ----
|   O XXX                              |
|   O YYY                              |
|   X ZZZ                              |

In this example I'm concerned with the "These are the..."

Other examples:

This is a label for a lineedit: [            ]
vs.
This is a Label For a Lineedit: [            ]
                ^ not quite sure... I think that should be lower case
                  *goes looking for his dictionary*

or

Here there be dragons:
<some widget>