Martin Kerz wrote: > > >>Look at http://www.geoid.clara.co.uk/ksplash_test.png for an example.>You > >can see icons at the top left, which are highlighted as kdesktop, >kcminit and > >kicker are loaded. The screen goes away when ksmserver >is running. > > >Okay, a friend of mine and me have redesigned a bit your kplash_test.png. It > >looks pretty cool. What do you think of it? > > >Martin > > Sorry, but here comes the URL: http://www.martin-kerz.de/startup1.jpg. :-( Hi, I think it is a nice effort, but do you really think the message is right? The Helix one has a nice pretty flower in spring: it brings to mind warmth, comfort, etc. This one looks like a frozen tundra - barren, cold, difficult. How about something based on this: http://www.kde.com/img/digblas.png. A nice warm sunrise, like one is escaping the darkness of Winbloze, you know? Ciao, Andreas