List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: WordStar, key bindings and KDE.(was: a lot of other subjects)
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-23 1:38:14

#if Dave Leigh
> Obviously my preference is for clearly defined alpha-key combinations,
> with the notable exception of F1, "Help" or window-manager functions.
> But I'm a touch-typist... what do I know?

Don't we already have clearly defined alpha-key combinations ?

If you want to be extreme, use vi - d == delete, p == paste, etc. You
don't even need CTRL :)

> What I'd REALLY like is to have the Option Menu key perform a
> right-click at the cursor location so I don't have to reach for a
> mouse as often,

You can do that. Intercept the keycode of the 'option menu' key (whatever
that is) and generate a rmb press.

> and have the Penguin key (formerly the Windows key) open the K menu
> (for the same reason).  Give me those things, integrated wheel mouse
> support and I'll die happy.  Later.

I hear some people have done that. Look around, it's probably a common
thing people do.

Rik