List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: sorting
From:       Federico Cozzi <cozzi () cibs ! sns ! it>
Date:       2000-05-20 9:00:49

> in kmail "arrow down" means newest message on top
> in konqueror "arrow down" means oldest file on top

I think "arrow down" = "descending order", so "newest on top"

> the position (and icon) of the arrows - left or right of the text ( I prefer
> left - because the arrow is positioned independend of the length of the text,
> which might change as in kmail)

I prefer right, because the arrow could be hidden or visible according to
the column you are sorting on. If you put the arrow on the left side, the
name of the column changes its position when you are sorting on that
column.

--
Federico Cozzi                              Federico.Cozzi@sns.it
                                            PGP key: 0xC3B01DEA