List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: "Mac" menubar as default
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-05-05 19:17:25

> On Tue, 02 May 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > #if Jan Knutar
> > > How about AmigaOS style menus???
> >
> > Please describe them. Not everyone knows how they work.
> > If possible, I would implement them together with the NeXT and RISC OS
> > styles.
>
> Right click brings up a menubar at the top of the screen. The menubar
> is non-existent, out of the way until the user calls for it by holding
> the right mouse button. This on AmigaOS 1.x and 2.x, I have never used
> 3.x, so I don't know if the menus are the same.
>
> The benefits with this is that no screen space is wasted on the menus,
> the drawback is that you have to move the mouse a bit. Maybe menu
> appears instead of window titlebar would be a good idea too?
>
> Anyway, the current menu style suits me fine.

It is (was ;-) not completely like you state. The bar at the top of the screen
holds the name of the application until you R-click. At which point the menu's
appeared.

In 3.1 (latest I tried) there was this neat little icon in the complete
upper right corner which switched through the screens (virtual desktops..)
And R-clicking that brought up a list of screens. It was beatiful how a new
virtual desktop was created when a new application was started.

Ahh, the long ago times ;-)

Here it was, a new hour, new day. Time all moments from this moment, all
beginnings from here. I opened the door and smiled.  -Me     OpenPGP : 0588D5