List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Kwin styles menu
From:       "Andrew B. Arthur" <arthur99 () global2000 ! net>
Date:       2000-05-05 3:03:50

Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if Beispielbenutzer
> > Federico Cozzi wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > Today I was trying KDE CVS, and I noticed that, in the popup menu you get
> > > right-clicking on the window title, there is a submenu where you can
> > > choose the windows styles.
> > > I think its placement is wrong for two reasons:
> > > 1) that choice affects all the windows
> > > 2) The frequency the user changes the windows style is very low
> > > So, I suggest moving it away from the popup menu to a kcontrol module.
> >
> > You are of course right -- I'm quite sure that there will be much
> > be improved in kcontrol now that most of the features are done.
> > There is still much functionality missing in kcontrol also
> > concerning icon-, kwin- and widget- theming. People are already
> > working on things like that.
>
> Yep. Things like this are usually just temporary measures.

Ideally, the menu item placement in kwin should be as much the same as
in kwm. The reason for this is because many of us have became very used
to the behavior of kwm, and don't want to change (including "me-too"!!).

hehe.... That's my 5 cents for today :P
--
Andrew B. Arthur               |  Linux for iMac, iBook and PowerMacs:
arthur99@global2000.net        |  http://imaclinux.net