List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Again - UI
From:       Dirk Hennig <Dirk.Hennig () stud ! uni-hannover ! de>
Date:       2000-04-20 9:44:28

zander@microweb.nl schrieb:

> Excuse me, you keep talking about 'administrator' These tasks (handling
> large files etc.) seem to me that are done by everyone. More to the point;
> the 'next man' that grabs a linux distro is a user, no administrator in
> sight. So if you want KDE/unix to become more mainstream, you will have
> to let go of the 'seperated administrator' concept.

That's what I wanted to say. I sit here at home in front of my PC and there is no
Administrator in sight! I am root and user in the same person, spending a lot of time
switching between them.

I would like some kind of graphical representation for what is mounted where and a
drag-and-drop to change it. It's just faster then editing some files.

Dirk