List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Radio button group highlighting (was: UI feedback from a Linux
From:       "Tom Hoferek" <tomh () corel ! com>
Date:       2000-04-18 14:35:36

Here's a suggestion: try using a list box. You get all your options nicely grouped and connected. Limit
the list box to single selection and the problems being discussed here are taken care of. Other benefits:
1) A list box generally uses less real estate, 2) You get a cleaner look, 3) Less problems with
inconsistencies in keyboard navigation/access implementation, 3) Greater flexibility - its easier to add
an item to a list when new options arise than having to possibly re-work a layout to accomodate another
radio button.

There will always be instances when radio buttons are necessary, but IMO list boxes are often more
appropriate than radio buttons a lot of the time.

Tom : )