List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE from a usability look
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-16 20:16:09

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 10:15:08PM +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > > I really like the options with the green led/anker in the split window. I do
> > > however think that the anker (right) should be a square, not a circle.
> > Why ? :)
>
> a) while the led is rather a radiobutton (which is usually a circle)
>    the anker is mearly a checkbox (which is sqare).
> b) both field have a very different functionality. making both fields round
> makes people assume that both fields work similar.

Agreed.
I'm about to change the meaning of the second button (anker) into "linked view"
anyway, but the point remain: it's a checkbox thing.

The menu item "Lock to current location" replaces the anker.

> > > Something I never figured out: how can I select multiple files in single click
> > > mode. Solution would be that I can select with a bounding box (as is done
> > > in Icon mode) This does not work in any other modes...
> > Michael / Alexxx ?
>
> Well in almost every app on most GUIs I tried multiple selection is being done
> by Ctrl + LMB. I'm quite sure this is also what it should be according to the
> style-guides.

Right - see the thread about QListView selection modes, where Reggie and Alexx (IIRC)
argue about selection modes. I have given up on that one :)

> > > When I right click the desktop I would like to see the configuration options set
> > > seperately between seperators. This is a global approuch I believe.
>
> good idea.

Done.

PS: konqueror has a brand new menu layout, which IMHO makes much more sense.
If kde-look has any input on this, now is the perfect time :)

http://home.clara.net/faure/