List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: ui contribution
From:       Alexander Di Nardo <eyyovsyr () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2000-04-15 21:40:49

We are revisiting the whole icon implementation - Tom is in
favour of using high contrast and simplified icons. I'm
supporting this move entirely; it eliminates the fuzziness caused
by icons with too much colour depth.   A graphic designer whose
work I respect told me: "Any good icon should work in black and
white". Take a look at the new Netscape 6.0 preview - imagine
their icons in B/W ... the modification is simple and they won't
lose any clarity.

Voice enabling: We have an upcoming discussion with a colleague
of ours, Ed Sarfeld, on the integration of voice enabling into
the OS. I will keep the group posted on the
pros/cons/difficulties in doing this.  Ed is a great reference
because he is completing his Master's thesis in computer-speech
recognition and he has been working on integrating voice enabling
into other applications.

Later,
Alex.

["alexanderd.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]
--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail