List:       kde-look
Subject:    Closing all windows in a desktop (was Re: MDI to SDI - Minimizing)
From:       Laurent MOUSSAULT <laurent.moussault () onecert ! fr>
Date:       2000-04-12 12:29:45

Le Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Rik Hemsley a écrit :
> #if Steven D'Aprano
> > but they often need an Exit button because they
> > often exit applications.
>
> But we're trying to get away from the application-centric desktop
> idea.

Yes.  So we could replace "exit" with a "close all windows in the current
desktop" menu-entry somewhere in Kicker (its taskbar part).  Maybe in a
"power-user" plugin for Kicker. :)  Or this may be just a window manager
feature.

One advantage over exiting an application is that the user can view what will be
closed (well, except for minimized windows).  When you quit an application, it
could have a window on another desktop.

I personally like (and use) the desktop=task idea...  But this is another
topic !

--
Laurent MOUSSAULT (ICQ# 66656146)
Rocwkell Collins / Eurisco, France