List:       kde-look
Subject:    Two naming suggestions
From:       Paul Oswald <poswald () spyregroup ! com>
Date:       2000-03-28 19:50:36

I am trying out the kde alpha binaries from Christopher Molnar (yes, the
big debug ones =) and found two small issues:

In the Control Panel (lots of modules don't load... I assume this is
being worked on...)

Network->Talk Config->Answering Machine

   Can this name be changed? I think Answering machine is an example of
a bad metaphor. I guess it seems like an answering machine, but I can
see a lot of users expecting KDE to be able to answer their phones. I
don't think the average user even knows what talk does because they
aren't used to having multi-user systems (and probably won't even use
the multi-user capabilities anyway) It is not unreasonable to expect a
computer to be able to answer a phone as many can do this and I don't
think something that doesn't do this should be called an "answering
machine".

Applications->File->Manager->Trash

   Can we explain shred a little bit here? Or perhaps all of the
different options? perhaps a popup help item. I remember the whole
debate on security and shredding but I don't know what the final outcome
was.

Overall... It's shaping up well. Good work.

-Paul Oswald