List:       kde-look
Subject:    kcontrol splash page
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-24 22:02:58

First, let me say that I really like the redesigned kcontrol.. but I
have a few minor bones to pick with the splash page.

1) What's with the Gandolf character?  I mean, he's cute and all that
   but he's *not* Konqi, our mascot.  Konqi is much more recognizable,
   distinct, and meaningful here.

2) Please don't hard-code the background color of the splash page.
   It's never a good idea as it will invariably jar with the any color
   scheme but the default.  As an extreme for instance, say the user
   has a color scheme with white text and a normally very dark
   background.  Either the text won't show up at all, OR (if the text
   color is hardcoded) it will totally clash with the rest of the
   destkop.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix