List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Status bar [was Re: UI design proposals]
From:       Sven Niedner <niedner () theo-physik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       2000-03-07 10:55:14

Christoph Schönfeld wrote:
> If you generalize this idea, it could also be used for hinting. Imagine
> yourself as an experienced user, giving your mother hints while she's
> making her first steps with some program: "No mum, in that field you
> have to type..." ;-)

To me this appears to be "tooltips done the right way" ... they
keep out or your eyes, do not obscure anything and are easy to
read. Since I am not shure weater everyone agrees, there could be
a global configuration option -- "Show tooltips in status bar",
or something.

Greetings,

Sven
--
Sven Niedner, Institut für Experimentelle und Angewandte Physik
Physics of Toroidal Plasmas,