List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: UI question
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-02-11 3:22:04

Hi Roberto

You're going into a no-no I hate most in windows apps: you tend to mix
status indicators with effectors.

IMHO, the best solution is to build a widget class constituted of a small
label containing the plugged/unplugged pixmaps (alternatively) and a
button using another pair of pixmaps (a scissor and a fist? :-) or even
better a pair of short words (online/offline; on/off; plug/cut). It's
obvious, of course, waht will be the way this widget functions (the
plugged-in pixmap on the label will match the 'cut' word or the scissor
pixmap on the button).

Yes, this widget will be a bit larger than the initial idea, but only *a
bit* larger.

Hope this helps

Cristian