On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, zander@microweb.nl wrote: > > Hiya, > > > > Based on the reactions to the previous version I have updated the > > recommendations for the File menu. > > > > You can read about it at > > > > http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/menus/file.html > > > > On the page you say: > > If the application supports templates a sub-menu may be present from > which a template can be choosen. In that case the menu item does not > have a shortcut key combination assigned but a little arrow indicating > that a submenu will be presented when selected. > > > Could we add a recomadation to add the keyboard shortcut to the most-used type > of document? Think about the netscape "new" menu where a new navigator window > has a shortcut which equals the proposed "new" for a new document. Something like: "If you provide a sub-menu you may assign the shortcut key combination (Ctrl+N) to a default template. This template should be the top-most item in the submenu." Cheers, Waldo