List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE Style guide: minimum size restriction
From:       Dima Rogozin <dima_rogozin () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1999-11-16 2:04:06

{skip}

>> Yes that is a sensible requirement.

>This is already in the style guide. A dialog should
>not be bigger than
>4/5th of the available screen size. The minimum
>screen size is assumed
>to be 800x600. (Not sure if we should change that to
>640x480)

I actually was talking about any window, not just
dialog windows. If everybody agrees about the minimum
size
requrenment I propose the following note (or something
similar) to be added to the style guide in general
windows section:

"Minimum size of a window should be restricted by
application. The minimum size showld alow to allwindow
widgets to be visible and not cliped out by window
borders."

Please correct my english.

Dima.

=====