List:       kde-look
Subject:    Harddisk access
From:       Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-11-13 21:43:22

Am I just paranoid or makes KDE HEAVY use of the harddisk? It takes about two
minutes for my KDE system until it reaches full functionalty - even longer than
Win98 does! I've tuned my harddisk already (using hdparm) but it doesn't seem
to become better... ne1 reading this who made same experiences and found a
solution to this problem?

Thank you!
  Frerich

--
  Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe@gmx.de>, Wilhelmshaven/Germany
  "An infinite number of monkeys typing on a keyboard can't