List:       kde-look
Subject:    RE: Full screen?
From:       Eric Ellsworth <eeric () HotPOP ! com>
Date:       1999-09-24 15:49:09

I actually think that a very good point was raised in there somewhere.  I
think there should be an easy way to leave out features so as to keep the
desktop lightweight.  As an intermediate user I find it frustrating when
KDE consumes lots of resources doing things I don't care about, but very
difficult to ask it not to load a certain module.  I think being able to
decide (like a really well written "Custom Install" in Windows) at install
time, or even runtime, what is loaded and what is not would make KDE
flexible enough for everyone.

Cheers,

EE