List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE Standards - Dialogs
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-22 18:20:30

#if Waldo Bastian

> "Yes, No, Cancel". During an action a decision has to be made (Yes / No), but it is
> also possible to cancel the whole action. Typically when you close a document:
> 'The document has been changed, do you want to save it? Yes / No / Cancel'

Just a small point here: The dialog asks one question. 'Cancel' is not a
valid answer to this question.

Personally, I don't like apps acting like apps. The application is something
in the mind of the developer, but that's just an aside.

I think this dialog should say 'Yes / No / Don't quit'

'Cancel' does not seem to be a valid answer to the question given. 'Don't quit'
at least informs the user that this is what is imminent.

Cheers,
Rik