List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: OK/yes
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-17 14:36:50

#if Derek
> My original text, which remains unchanged, says "Where possible the
> answers to a question should be Yes or No. Questions should be phrased
> to match yes or no answers..." I stand by this - it should be the first
> choice in phrasing dialog questions, but I don't think it has to be set
> in stone. I still say, use Yes/No style questions where they fit, which
> is probably in most places, and use whatever else fits when necessary.

I completely agree with this. Use what's logical (Yes/No) whenever possible.
Use 'Ok' when you simply require the user to acknowledge a message.

Too often 'Cancel' is used where it is meaningless.

e.g. Overwrite file ? [Ok] [Cancel]

Cancel what ? The user isn't thinking in terms of returning from a function,
they just want to give their opinion :)

Cheers,
Rik