List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: OK/yes
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () jk ! uni-linz ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-09-17 9:29:34

> > Agreed, I say we put a vote for this YES NO sjit. I am getting tired of people
> > not coming up with arguments, just saying what they think.
> >
> > I vote for  OK/Cancel. agains YES/NO (this does not include the verbs thingy)
>
> Well I wrote the original "Dialog: Contents" proposal; if you, or anyone
> else wants to write counter proposal, do so and mail it to Peter (if
> he's still working on this project). He'll link to it as an alternative,
> then a decision can be made as to which is best, hopefully by people who
> understand HCI.
I'm still there, but on "very low flame". About voting: we tried that 2
months ago with single-click/double-click - it didn't work (to less

It think the thing with 2 alternative pages makes sense (I'll put them
into the page if you want).

I don't want to be included into another discussion and didn't carefully
read all your "ok/yes" mails (sorry...), but I hope I may ask this: is
it really possible to use Yes/No instead of Ok/Cancel *throughout*?

What I mean is: if this won't be possible I think the user is confused
that there is both: Yes/No AND OK/Cancel. Without voting for one side: I
don't think we should have a mixture...

Cheers,
Peter