List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Quit/Close: please check site.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       1999-09-16 19:35:28

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Peter Penz wrote:
> I think I give up now - I discuss now more than 2 months about this
> Close/Exit/Quit-topic. All solutions you mentioned in the last mails
> were allready discussed.

Probably standard for a mailing list. Everyone hits reply first and then starts
to read.

You did a fine job. Most problems come from misunderstandings.

> It seems there is no solution everybody likes. Yesterday I thought "we
> have it", but was wrong.

I tend to think that there is one more person which needs to be explained why
his words mean the same as mine.

You have experience, let it count.

Create more notes on the web page if that will help. Explain why thing are the
way you say they are _ones_ in a public place, not 200 times in emails.

> I invested much time into this standards-page, but now I'm near giving
> up.

Where are almost there, the hard part is getting definitions done, after which
there will be little work in shaping things.

A discussion (I learned at school) is having everyone have its peace,
concluding a common ground, setting the common ground and maybe going for a
next round.
This doesn't happen here lets, find out how to make it happen.

Keep up the good work!

Thomas Zander                                              zander@earthling.net
Today, it's understood that of course you'll use a computer,
because it makes other people's lives easier -- or, more         icq: 970 00 05
accurately, it enables them to maintain their manic pace.      gpg-key:  0588D5