List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: extra key-bindings
From:       Derek <fountai () hursley ! ibm ! com>
Date:       1999-09-10 11:21:42

> I'm used to:^a ; ^e ; ^h ; ^d ; ^kb ; ^kk ; ^kc ...
> I think the most of UNIX users are also used to these bindings.

The classic GUI mistake: assuming that everyone - or "most" - work the
same way you do. I recognise ^a, ^e and ^d out of that list, but not the
others.

The only real 'standards' the UNIX world has are emacs and vi, now being
polluted more and more with Windows keys (^z, ^s, etc). As standards
these are pretty useless because there are too many potential keys for
one function. It's probably better to define a sensible set for KDE now,
and stick with it. If any of the 'standard' ones can be carried forward,
great.