List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Please check: new KDE Standards web site
From:       John Summerfield <summer () OS2 ! ami ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-09-09 22:47:31

> John Summerfield wrote:
> >
> > > I would also need some help to transform the KDE Standards to a
> > > Postscript-Document, so that developers don't always need to have a look
> > > at the web-page. It shouldn't be to hard to transform html to LaTeX and
> > > make a postscript - can somebody support me?
> >
> > A tarball I can download would be a good start; I'm modem-bound and online
> > browsing is not my favourite occupatin. Neither is wget an ideal way to
> > collect websites.
> I currently collect many comments and try to improve the page the next
> days. I think it makes no sense, if I'll send you a tarball while the
> page isn't almost "final". But thanks for your help - I'll make the page
> downloadable later! Stay tuned :-)

Sucked in again.
I hate it, absolutely hate it, when people send  me a reply direct AND to
the list; I've already told Peter why he should make a tarball immediately.

I no it's commonly done; I've just had the discussion on another list. The
reasonong was that the direct reply's quicker.

I checked the headers of the two replies; a whole 30 seconds.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield