List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Candidates for replacing 'Trash'
From:       Boris Povazay <boris () jouh ! at>
Date:       1999-08-26 21:50:10

zander@microweb.nl wrote:

> Solution(s):
> - make it foolproof from the GUI, allow Windows-like hacking tools which
>   play with the config files.
> - Allow people to use the desktop on different levels. An expert level if
>   you like.
> - etc.

I guess with 2.0 it will be easy to manipulate themes and within this
functunality also the trashcan may be modified (I guess anything els
does not make sense.
Concerning to prohibit the user from making mistakes: In case s/he does
know how to change the trash icon, s/he will be able to understand what
that means...

Renaming the directories AND the desktop icons simultaniously could also
be integrated there.
The current situation of different icon- and directory-names in
different languages is EXTREMLY confusing. Nobody knows what it means
when the "home"-dir is unfolded and "Desktop/trash" in a foreign
language is found inside.

ciao BoP
--
http://kde.jouh.at - bp@jouh.at