List:       kde-look
Subject:    Candidates for replacing 'Trash'
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-08-21 19:05:18

I just picked a thesaurus and found these lovely alternatives. Some are
obviously not quite what we're looking for...

I've marked the ones I think are reasonable.

Synonymns of 'trash':

* Debris
  Dregs
  Dross
  Flotsam and jetsam
  Garbage
* Junk
  Litter
  Offal
  Refuse
  Scrap
  Waste

Words using the other meaning of 'trash', but still good:

  Balderdash
  Bosh
  Bunkum
  Claptrap
  Codswallop
  Drivel
  Flapdoodle
  Guff
  Hogwash
  Nonsense
  Piffle
  Poppycock
  Rot
* Stuff and nonsense (perhaps not, but it sounds excellent :)
  Tommyrot
  Tosh
  Twaddle

Cheers,
Rik - bored with all this weekend coding

--
KDE - Colour Outside The Lines - http://www.kde.org