List:       kde-look
Subject:    Desktop Improvements
From:       Markus Kummerer <e9526594 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-05-29 9:11:44

Hello KDE-Fans!

First, I would like to state, that I really like KDE. But during a lazy
minute, I thought of some points:

1: If you minimize a window, it would be nice, if you would get a "boxed"
icon with the programs name below, like in fvwm when you minimize a
window. Maybe, we could make it configurable (win95 style: behaviour like
now, motif style: behaviour like fvwm)

2: I would also appreciate, if the left menu icon in the title-bar would
only be the "small line icon", instead of the small application icon
right now, especially in motif style. Maybe, we could configure that, too.

3: Before I mention the next point, I have to state, that I am a huge SGI
fan. So, I would like to ask, if anyone who has got access to an SGI has
thought about taking their icons and use it in KDE?? Are the icons free?
Could we use them?

I would also like to say, that I like the "tree style" in KFM best.

What do you think? Just some thoughts...

CU
Markus

P.S.: Powered by SGI... I am sorry, thats not true.