List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: [kde] Re: The KDE Free Qt Foundation
From:       Daniel.Egger () t-online ! de (Daniel Egger)
Date:       1998-04-12 22:52:23

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, you wrote:

>I am writing this currently on an IBM 486-66 running a standard KDE +
>extras, compiled WITHOUT optimization (for debugging purposes).

 Won't run very much slower if you have enough memory....

>Seems pretty fast to me.

 Nice to hear that.... some time ago I ran Win95 on an i386-DX40
 with 20 MB..... seemed pretty fast to me...

>So, numbers are required.

 I agree....

>The work of a scientist is not to throw a theory out into the ether and
>hope somebody else will prove it for him.

 I'm no scientist :))
 Anyway; I'm not the guy having that much time for writing
 benchmarks. I have enough other and more important things to do....
 But if anybody can effort his time doing so I'd be glad to support
 him....

--

Servus,
       Daniel