Hi! > >The idea of attaching a floating toolbar to a the top, side, or > bottom > >of the current desktop might be workable. Maybe with some kind of > stays > >on top option. > > This sounds just like the MacOS menu-bar... *:).. Yes . But for tools-bar ... > (If I was a MacOS hardcore guy - would I be here?) > The MacOS menubar stays at the top of the screen, > where the active app can sort of 'rent space' for it's menus. > (This was great when screens were small. On a 19" screen you don't > want to > move up to the top of the screen every time you need the app-menu.) May be.I am working in KDE on 14" screen in 800x600 mode .I find it comfortable "dock" floating KDEapp tools-bars in the left upper corner of the screen > I think there are two different ideas here. > First the windoze style toolbars that can be rearranged inside the > application window. That's your idea . Not mine ;). But pretty good ;)) > Second, floating windows, like the MacOS way of an application > splattered > over the screen in a zillion of windows It's my opinion ;). May be it's too specific? W b/r,Vitaliy