List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: New KDE Look and Feel???
From:       fractture <fract () sprintmail ! com>
Date:       1998-03-28 8:25:01

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
>sales@noosphere.com said:
>> Yes! i agree.  All I use right now is KDE, but just like I said
>> before, the look should be improved.
>
>Forget it, changing the look would require a complete reimplemenation of
>Qt from scratch, and their are other and better fish to fry.

I do not understand the big 'look & feel' deal here anyway...
Some people think it looks like Win95...I do not...Win95 looks like crap, and I
rather like KDE.  Windowmaker's titlebars and the menues were neat, but that
damn non-removeable doc totaly sucked.
Only thing I know about After and Nextstep is that WM was supposedly trying to
copy them...

I think that KDE set on CDE colors, with the motif Look is very nice...though to
make it look like win95 is a joke....

I do wish I could remove the desktop buttons though...especially if I could keep
the desktops...I don't use the buttons ever, they just take up space.  I would
also like to be able to move the docing point.