List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE - own look-and-feel, Version 2.0
From:       Mirko Klemm <klemm () alpha ! fh-furtwangen ! de>
Date:       1998-02-28 17:57:25

Samuel Solon wrote:

[...]

> The rollover behavior confirms that the icon is indeed a button.
>
> The difficulty comes when such an iconic button is used where there are no
> visual clues such as a dialog box. Although, it does seem that the web has
> taught people to roll the all over the place looking for things to click on
> -- I don't agree with the concept.

I think the dottet vertical drag bars on the left of KDE button bars indicate
good enough what is meant. It also looks cleaner than hundreds of vertical and
horizontal raised frames. I think this is a good solution: to organize
functional parts in distinct areas an mark those areas instead of each button.

--Mirko