List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE - own look-and-feel
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () pop ! netaddress ! usa ! net>
Date:       1998-02-19 23:40:53

sebastian wrote:

> Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
>
> > I very much doubt this, ultimatly Qt is a comercial product. The people that
> > pay the bills do not want or need this feature and hence their is no
> > motivation to introduce it. Put another way Qt is a cross platform library,
> > the people who pay money to use it, want a Win95 look under Windows and a
> > Motif look under Unix, "bar foo" look only adds bloat to the library and
> > does not enhance the product.
>
> I argree.Furthermore,seen from the portability it would be good,if KDE doesn't
> depend on QT too much.
>
> sebastian

Not very likely since at least 1 KDE document says and I paraphrase "KDE
only
exists because of QT,  There are many programing toolkits available but
QT is
the only one that dose what we want"
--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."