List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: screensaver
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-02-06 12:41:37

Hi!

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Dennis Weiss wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I configured the Desktop, with background and so on and a screensaver,
> too. The screensaver tells me, that I'm using shadow passwords and I
> should told the system administrator.
>
> On every startup of KDE I'm told I'm using shadow passwords. I KNOW
> THIS! Because on my very own computer I am the system administrator.
> It's silly to ask myself what to do!
>
> The window, which is showed on startup, gives me the hint to get setuid
> on the screensaver. But how? I searched the online documentation, but I
> didn't find anything. So how can I get setuid on the screensaver? Any
> suggestions?

Log in as root and cd to the KDE binary directory (should be /opt/kde/bin
or /usr/local/kde/bin).

In this directory, do a

  chmod u+s *.kss

This should do the trick

     Christian

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |