List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: icons & old look&feel
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1997-11-27 20:36:02

christof mendner wrote:

> > I can't honestly say that I noticed a change in look'n'feel, apart
> > from changing the icons.
> >> looks like win3.x now.
> > You didn't accidentally boot to the wrong partition?  ;)
>
> yeah, o.k. - hard said.
> but the first layout had a very own style.
>
> CM.

That's true. The light blue/grey look (e.g. of the terminal icon) was
really "kool". I think that attracted me most, when I first tried KDE.
I appreciate every effort to reduce the number of colors needed, but I
really believe that is possible to create a design that is simple but
characteristic at once.
My deep respect for the people who have been doing all the drawings so
far, forbids me to compare some icons (not all) to a "Win 95 shareware
look" ;-).

Harri.