List:       kde-look
Subject:    icons & old look&feel
From:       "Adam D. Moss" <adam () uunet ! pipex ! com>
Date:       1997-11-27 13:02:36

christof mendner writes:
 > why did you change the look&feel in beta2?

I can't honestly say that I noticed a change in look'n'feel, apart
from changing the icons.

 > looks like win3.x now.

You didn't accidentally boot to the wrong partition?  ;)

 > I think tho old icons and the old look&feel is a very better 'CI' for kde.
 > it was special.

I like most of the new icons better... though some I don't (i.e. the
cogs are somewhat uglier, though they weren't that pretty to start
with).  I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

At first I thought that choice of yellow, cyan, and orange as the
principal icon colours was very odd... but it's growing on me.  IMVHO
they could do with being a touch more subdued, but... what the
hell... it certainly gives KDE a 'look'. :)

Out of interest, do these new icons conform to the new 'low colour'
colour-map, for PseudoColor users?

Today's posting's special 'bonus' is a KDE colourscheme which IMHO is
quite pleasant on the eye when used with the new-look icons et al.  I
recommend a subdued, dark royal-purple background colour.

[Lavender]
BackgroundColor=#a398b4
ActiveTitleTextColor=#ffffff
TextColor=#000000
SelectColor=#6f7a63
InactiveTitleBarColor=#756d81
ActiveTitleBarColor=#9e93ae
Contrast=5
InactiveTitleTextColor=#c2b5d6
WindowTextColor=#000000
WindowColor=#ffffff
SelectTextColor=#ffffff

Cheers,
--Adam

aDaM d M0s5 +=+ GIMP GaFfA & r0aDi3 =-= adam@gimp.org +=+ u A f0X f4n 2?
* '... My stomach made a gurgling noise as it did stomach things.  To my
semi-conscious mind, it sounded a hell of a lot like it had attempted to
say "you're going to die."' -- MDC * # % /'gag me with a spoon' -- Linus