List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kwm-0.7 pl 5 with new look
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-06-08 22:48:46

At 22:36 08.06.1997 +0200, Matthias wrote:
> It's a bit inspired by the macintosh-like proposal which has been
> sent to this list some days ago.
>
> One design goal for me was to set KDE a bit more apart from the WindowsNT
look.

> Note that the stuff isn't really finished. If we decide on the new look,
> KWM should modify the pixmaps according to the background color.
>
> At present only lightgrey and the default Qt background look nice.
> Others (maybe bisque3) look a bit funny.

To get a truely unique look someone should definitely change the paint
methods of the baseclasses... otherwise kde will always be stuck with either
the *well, aehm* not so great motif-look-alike or that windowish stuff...

btw: I liked the "denkschrift" , so I am very interested in how this new kwm
will look like (although I thought it looked more like Merlin than mac...
but that's just imho :)

peter