List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: idea about multimedia keyboards
From:       "Friedrich W. H.  Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2004-03-04 10:25:18

Am Donnerstag, 4. März 2004 01:33 schrieb ogott:
> hi!
>
> i'm new to the mailing list, so please don't get angry if that has already
> been discussed. i searched in the archive, but didn't find anything on
> this.

Hehe, wrong list, try searching the archives of kde-devel and kde-core-devel,
using e.g. the term "khotkeys". There have been discussions about this
already and work is on the way IIUC.

> maybe the kmix-team could even make kmix dcop-capable and integrate a
> feature that displays the current volume on the desktop. i mean such
> features that are available for (for example) logitech keyboards under
> windows with which you can increase/decrease volume and while you do so,
> there's a green volume bar displayed at the bottom of the screen. afaik
> this could be possible with dcop support.

Nice idea. Perhaps you could file this as a wish for kmix via bugs.kde.org?

A minor thought to this: I think this would need two special DCOP-calls
because other apps that dcop kmix to increase/decrease the volume might not
like to have an on-screen-display popup.

Regards
Friedrich