List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: "UP" Browsing Button
From:       Henry Stanaland <henryst () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       2002-10-06 20:16:48

> I'm certainly not going to blame them for it. I simply think that educating
> them is far simpler than Henry made it sound.

My point wasn't to say that explaining is hard.  I meant I didn't have a
suggestion for kde-look to bring it up earlier....not that I didn't have a
suggestion for the user(which was to ignore it when browsing).

I know it's easy for people to just say "We'll just leave it the way it is."
But if you want a truly natural to use desktop you're gonna have to be
willing to constantly refine things--they are not going to be perfect the
first time.

But you guys commented on the "removing from Web profile" which is the one I
said wasn't even worth mentioning.

So what about the Nautilus solution?  It really seems good to me.  If you
don't use the UP button you hardly even notice that it's there.  And if you
do, it's easy to find.

So how about this.  If there are no objections to putting the BACK & FORWARD
first, then I'll submit a Wishlist item.  If there are objections, may this
thread rest in peace.

Regards,
Henry